Saturday, March 10, 2012

Band camp... 5




Curtis Mayfield - Diamond in the Back




Shuggie Otis...Strawberry Letter 23

thanks for the video pretorious700
The night of Gypsy Talisman Bark at the Moon;) I stuck this CD in to the car stereo wanting to listen to this song but I also wanted to finish listening to what was on the radio, then it came on; I was only confused for half a second...

From the 1971 album Freedom Flight. A top 40 hit for the Johnson Brothers, for every guitar player interested in arpeggios, check out the coda on this song. Brilliant.

*

mrfrogbutt1 (1 month ago)

Marvelous track...this is the original but still kickass! Funny how songs like these kickass no matter what at outlast time,transcend time in a way very few things do! Bravo thanks for posting this awesome song.....i LOVE it! Amen
*

jzone60 (2 months ago)

The Brothers had the slick production but this is the one!





"Island Letter", Shuggie Otis

thanks for the video pilhasonora

















Hello, my love, I heard a kiss from you
Red magic satin playing near, too
All through the morning rain I gaze, the sun doesn't shine
Rainbows and waterfalls run through my mind

In the garden, I see west purple shower, bells and tea
Orange birds and river cousins dressed in green
Pretty music I hear, so happy and loud
Blue flower echo from a cherry cloud

Feel sunshine sparkle pink and blue
Playgrounds will laugh if you try to ask "is it cool?"
If you arrive and don't see me
I'm going to be with my baby, I am free
Flying in her arms, over the sea

Stained window, yellow candy screen, see speakers of kite
With velvet roses diggin' freedom flight
A present from you, strawberry letter 22
The music plays, I sit in for a few

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh

The Brothers Johnson performed this hit back in the mid-1970s, and yet it still finds a new generation of fans on the R&B radio stations all over the US...

But what's the meaning of this song title?...is it sexual in nature or something to do with the letter "V"?...or what?

Just curious...

* Report Abuse

Additional Details
OOPS!

I meant "Strawberry Letter 23"!...sorry!


Hmmm, odd question, Michaela...

I'll check out Wikipedia if it's OK w/ you...

Sounds interesting, though...

OK, here goes:it's about a young woman who sends her BF letters scented w/ strawberry aroma, and so far she's sent him 22 letters, and he's now eagerly awaiting her 23rd...

Sounds simple, eh?...what a unique "love story"!























///

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home