Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Julien Sorel...or William Keith

Funny, never, then suddenly people are contacting me through my blog for photo shoots...
I had forgot that I had switched my"real name," no real reason; anonymity (?) not really, I think just for fun so I could "try out" new names...

One of my (most) favorite novels. Spoiler alert: Don't read the entire link if you intend to read.


"Julien Sorel" from Stendhal's The Red and The Black


Another name idea was keep the first and change the second "William Keith" My hero has always been Keith Richards; I use to play a lot of guitar...in my early 20's i wrecked a nice Gibson Hummingbird and ran over a 12-string; finally a few years ago in a "haze" in Hollywood (classic) pawned my last electric a blonde tele with a humbucker; oh yeah sort of related (this was an accident; we forgot the due date) on an impromptu trip to Montana I pawned a beautiful Gibson J200 with ebony fret board, abalone inlays; because a friend needed to get his video camera out of a pawn shop (I shouldn't have reminded myself of that)...

So, "William Keith," Its like a first-name-last-name thing, why not (?) I'm not sure; a friend I made in NYC liked it and another friend too - who knows me better.

Sorry father, but hey we would still share a first name (yours being in spanish); I've only had your last name for about half my life anyway; oh yeah and wasn't it my mother who wanted me to take on your last name (now i'm starting to piece it together....) Nothing personal because see with my slacker California accent, it kinda gets stuck in my mouth and I even lost the ability to trill my RRR's and some old timer guy made a joke about sleeping in cars - you know "Car" "dozing" hahaha Oh father and not a grudge either just the reality, saw you once in twenty-years; then when I'm 20-minutes away; right turn left turn Santa Monica Blvd. you came over once in two years. Oh yeah and my younger brother who's awesome; i regret not coming over - his name is "William" too, In spanish I think, thats cool, just doing a tally;)

L.A. is nice this time of year...maybe I should pay you a visit.

Half an hour later...interesting, I feel better; maybe I will change my last name.


The Clash - Whats My Name?



Clash
What's My Name

What the hell is wrong with me? I'm not who I want to be
I tired spot cream an' I tried it all I'm crawling up the wall!
What's my name naaaame...naaaame....naaaame....
I tried to join a ping-pong club, sign on the door said all full up!
I got nicked, fighting in the road an' the judge didn't even know
What's my name
Dad go pissed so I got clocked
Couldn't hear the Tannoy so he lost the lot
Offers Mum a bribe through the letter box
Drives you fucking mad
What's my name
Now I'm round the back of your house at night
Peeping in the window - are you sleeping tight?
I laugh at your locks with my celloid strip
An' you won't know who came
What's my name

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home