Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Teodora "She's my little rock n' roll..." Torn and Frayed, Winter, Sweet Virginia

I got into a spat with my photo enlarger today - her english isn't very good (she's Italian). I thought I was being meticulous: 2 days, rrr 3 actually, 35 test strips (!I felt like ansel-fucking-adams!), final print and no fuckn way the bulb had been slightly dimming and i had been slightly correcting - five more minutes and it wouldn't have mattered.

She fuckn giggled so I made her squirm when I replaced her bulb;) She's making me confess on my blog (catholic thing). Her name is Teodora, she's into clothes and interesting people (she thinks landscapes are boring) - she can be a little bitchy but she does have a lot of soul.

Sometimes, in her broken Italian I hear her singing, "I'm zipping through the days at lightning speed Plug in, flush out And fire the fuckin' feed.." or "The sunshine bores the daylights out of me chasing shadows, moonlight mystery.."

Sometimes we sing together, to songs on the radio.

Awh, she's my little rock n' roll...



Rolling Stones - Little T&A



Rocks Off ~ The Rolling Stones




The Rolling Stones - Torn and Frayed




The Rolling Stones Winter




The Rolling Stones - Sweet Virginia



ROCKS OFF

Oh yeah
I hear you talking When I'm on the street Your mouth don't move But I can hear you speak
What's the matter with the boy? He don't come around no more Is he checking out for sure? Is he gonna close the door on me?
I'm always hearing voices On the street I want to shout But I can't hardly speak
I was making love last night To a dancer friend of mine I can't seem to stay in step 'Cause every time that she pirouettes over me
And I only get my rocks off While I'm dreaming I only get my rocks off While I'm sleeping

I'm zipping through the days At lightning speed Plug in, flush out And fire the fuckin' feed

Heading for the overload Splattered on the dirty road Kick me like you've kicked before I can't even feel the pain no more
But I only get my rocks off While I'm dreaming I only get my rocks off While I'm sleeping
Feel so hypnotized, can't describe the scene It's all mesmerized, all that inside me

The sunshine bores the daylights out of me Chasing shadows, moonlight mystery

Heading for the overload Splattered on the dirty road Kick me like you've kicked before I can't even feel the pain no more
But I only get my rocks off While I'm dreaming I only get my rocks off While I'm sleeping
I only get my rocks off While I'm dreaming I only get my rocks off While I'm sleeping
Only get them off Only get them off Get them off Only get them off


WINTER

(M. Jagger/K. Richards)

And it's sure been a cold, cold winter
And the wind ain't been blowin' from the south
It's sure been a cold, cold winter
And the light of love is all burned out

It sure been a hard, hard winter
My feet been draggin' 'cross the ground
And I hope it's gonna be a long, hot summer
And the light of love will be burnin' bright

And I wish I'd been out in California
When the lights on all the Christmas trees went out
But I been burnin' my bell, book and candle
And the restoration plays have all gone 'round

It sure been a cold, cold winter
My feet been draggin' 'cross the ground
And the fields has all been brown and fallow
And the springtime take a long way around

Yeah, and I wish I'd been out in Stony Canyon
When the lights on all the Christmas trees went out
But I been burnin' my bell, book and candle
And the restoration plays have all gone 'round

Sometimes I think about you, baby
Sometimes I cry about you
Lord well well well

Sometimes I wanna wrap my coat around you
Sometimes I wanna keep you warm
Sometimes I wanna wrap my coat around you
Sometimes I wanna burn a candle for you



SWEET VIRGINIA

Wading through the waste stormy winter
And there's not a friend to help you through
Trying to stop the waves behind your eyeballs
Drop your reds drop your greens and blues

Thank you for your wine, california
Thank you for your sweet and bitter fruits
Yes, Ive got the desert in my toenail
And hid the speed inside my shoe

But come on come on down sweet virginia
Come on honey child I beg of you

Come on come on down you got it in you
Got to scrape that shit right off your shoes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home