Monday, April 2, 2012

Evening Hymn...


Fiery Furnaces - My Egyptian Grammar

thnks EveningHymns


My Egyptian Grammar :

I never thought it could have happened to me.
But on the morning of my eldest daughter’s Second wedding, I blacked out.
They said it was it was just stress, but I didn’t think so:
I couldn’t remember the 15 minutes before.
A white-haired half Samoan girl from Darwin
Gave me a ride, it seems; she let me the car in.
But what it was she said, I couldn’t say.
Now, that clearly didn’t happen. I consulted my Egyptian Grammar.
On p. 333 was the hieroglyph for motorcycle helmet.
I combined this with a leather-back’s shell as I was I felt instructed.
I Xeroxed it and posted it down by the bike lock-ups at the Oriental Institute.

Maybe a nether-world entity would see it and pass it on to the responsible.
That kind of thing must happen sometimes.
Now that clearly didn’t happen. I consulted my Egyptian Grammar.
On p. 4428 was the hieroglyph for French Canal boat.
I met on the Midway someone channeling up a whatever it wasn’t:
There are 17 sections of cymbals in the orchestra of the oversold, it said.
Your youth is lost and doesn’t it now seem you can’t make smoke—only steam?
Now that clearly didn’t happen. I consulted my Egyptian Grammar.
On p. 5566 was the hieroglyph for a blue jay









///

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home