Friday, January 27, 2012

a hummingbird made my day...

Agonizing is too strong of a word - I've returned to a print, after a couple weeks,I thought it would be the easiest; i just looked at the contact sheet and it just dawned on me that instead of split filtering I might simply try the number three filter that I made the contact with. The highlight is right next to this deep black and they are so far apart. Last night I almost got it to where I want and right now I think I can get a fairly acceptable version. I've approached it from different angles; I just tried flashing and I'll probably do one more test strip doing that; that might help bring up the white, to just above paper white so that it will be easier to get some detail in the highlight; paper white is sometimes good but only in the "twinkle of an eye" or the edge of something shinny. I also tried solarizing but its not the right kind of picture for that.

Maybe it felt like agony because I hadn't had lunch but I had had about 3 cups of coffee too many;)

Around lunchtime, it's so sunny today, I sat in some ice plant and contemplated life, for those three extra cups of coffee, I was enjoying it so much, the warmth of the sun it was great; I tried not to think about anything not even tomorrow or even that afternoon, just that moment - it was becoming really hard to snap-out-of; so I thought i'll play some music on my phone just three songs progressively more upbeat so that I could actually get stuff done.

So when I was playing Blur Song 2 (techno remix) i felt some drops hit my hand and also land in my coffee; what? I looked up and there were no other birds around accept a hummingbird sitting on a telephone wire above my head - I swear it looked down at me and I think that little bird even laughed - he went WOOHOO! and flew off:) [I swear to god this happened]

So between the slowness and challenge of making darkroom prints, one print at a time (the tones are so beautiful, its worth it) and a hummingbirds fondness for sugar (and apparently pranks) I must conclude that sometimes life is like molasses - slow, sticky, a tad bitter, a little weird but oh s-o-w-e sweet.


Fun Facts About Hummingbirds

Do Hummingbirds Sing?
By Hummingbird
How do you describe the sound a hummingbird makes? This is somewhat difficult to do, but the sound a hummingbird makes isn’t a true “song.” Hummingbirds will vocalize by making chirping notes. The call of a hummingbird is made up of a series of short buzz trills and chirps. Hummingbirds’ wings ‘buzz’ or make a whirring sound while the birds are in flight. This sound is referred to as a "wing whistle." The hummingbird will frequently vocalize in effort to attract a mate.

Well it sounds like a melody, I've heard hummingbirds before and their cute little singing; and their cute little laugh too. So I'll never forget today because it was also the day that I drank hummingbird pee in my coffee;)


Haselfuchs (2 months ago)
"Nice footage but I miss Herr Lloyd here and his fabulous cheekbones and furious body moves...snif"

Alphaville Sound Like A Melody Musik Convoy
Oh Germany, I love Germany...

"Snif," at the end, you got to love that comment.


Blur - Song 2 (Prezioso ft. Marvin Remix)

WOOHOO!
WOOHOO!
WOOHOO!
WOOHOO!

I got my head checked
By a jumbo jet
It wasn't easy
But nothing is,
No -

WOOHOO!
When I feel heavy metal WOOHOO!
And I'm pins and I'm needles WOOHOO!
Well I lie and I'm easy
All of the time but I'm never sure why I need you
Pleased to meet you!

I got my head done
When I was young
It's not my problem
It's not my - problem -

WOOHOO!
When I feel heavy metal WOOHOO!
And I'm pins and I'm needles WOOHOO!
Well I lie and I'm easy
All of the time but I'm never sure why I need you
Pleased to meet you!

Yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah
Oh, yeah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home