Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A deerstalker a crocodile and a geometric proof


"Notes to myself"

I've been Sherlocking a lot lately...

I've had to piece stuff together;)

And on different levels, I've learned stuff about myself...

I've been randomly feeling guilty (for a long time) about doing things I love which a lot of times is just being myself; that can fuck you up and you won't even know it...

My random doodle above: I only use to do that kind of stuff in my free time then I use to move on to "work." Now I've realized that's some of the most important stuff that I do! Because I love it, they're just words and doodles from my subconscious but it can lead to so many things. It's like directions to life, to ideas that have never occurred to me. And since in the past I was feeling guilty about even letting myself drift in the first place, they are things that I might have dreamed about before but didn't think I deserved doing or leaving till last when I've done some other more important thing that I was "suppose" to do first...

I'm not saying to be reckless and irrational, I've kind of done that sort of thing before, so I've learned my lessons. But if your going to spend your time, the precious moments of your life, why not spend it doing what you love. Sometimes that's hard to pin down, all the specifics of the day to day "work that need to be done," to get you to the next day and so forth.

Your whole life could be like a vacation but that even gets boring after a while. But hey thats why they have those cheesy activities directors (you need one that knows you better then anyone, yourself) who kind of convinces you to do a few things that at first kind of seem like work; but you start doing them (shuffle board) and it's kind of fun and you realize your good at it (skeet) and then before you know it it's lunch time or its 4 o'clock pina colada time (occasionally it might have to be a virgin) and you've done all this stuff which just builds on itself and that was just one day and you've accomplished something. Sometimes these things might be intangible to other people, and so what (!) this is your life not theirs. [I've never been on a cruise but use to watch "The Love Boat" as a little kid. I also use to watch "Fantasy Island",,,hmmm forgot about that one till just now. That show is quite relevant to all of this...]

"What a sad fate for a painter who loves blondes, but who refrains from putting them in his picture because they don’t go with the basket of fruit! What misery for a painter who hates apples to be obliged to use them all the time because they go with the cloth! I put everything I love in my pictures. So much the worse for the things, they have only to arrange themselves with one another."

* Boisgeloup, winter 1934, quoted in Letters of the great artists – from Blake to Pollock -, Richard Friedenthal, Thames and Hudson, London, 1963, p. 256 (translation Daphne Woodward)

If you dug to the root of the matter, I guarantee you that that description above, is describing some form of GUILT.

Those painters felt like they "had" to do something,that it had to be a certain way...

"Nobody Knows Anything"

William Goldman

Thats a liberating concept too... It's about movie executives, and how they don't know 100% how a movie will do until it gets released. Could be a hit or a bomb or maybe it will turn out to be one of those cult classics;)

Accidents, try to change them - it's impossible. The accidental reveals man.

* Vogue, 1 November 1956


My random notes (see notebook scan above):

Copper house - a friend's parent's house; it's a really inspiring place, quiet and its on national forest land (nifty), self contained too... Dad's a cool guy, he loves to grow hay, mostly for the love of it...

[People from other countries want to come here and typically we want to go there; (grass is always greener thing) I'm trying to figure out the advantages of that hmmm? In general I would be happy anywhere...]

Canal (Colorado River) Az/Ca border - I swam there once, on the way to several months of "adventuring" in NM; 2007 the year of my "nervous breakdown," it was great though, I think I'm barely recovering. Santa Fe was nice but I wish I would have spent more time further out - near and around Taos. There is so much commercial "crap" in the towns you have to explore further. The weather is quite nice at elevation...what the hell am I getting at? Why am I thinking about the South West and desserts so much, I thought I was island tripping, oh yeah Australia encapsulated it for me, you know...the home of strange animals and stuff :)

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Art Star

Saw this video Saturday night...

Bee Gees, Staying alive

DONNA SUMMER - HOT STUFF (1980)

Popfeenin (5 months ago)

Wait a second...Pat Ast, Debra Lee Scott, and Twiggy were her Bad Girls? I need to find this DVD now!

I was a little kid I remember hearing on the radio and watching this on T.V, i was like WOW!

Amii Stewart - Knock on Wood
Knock on Wood is a studio album by Amii Stewart released in February 1979. I'm not that superstitious but doing that "bread and butter" thing sounds sounds like fun.

DONNA SUMMER ''COULD IT BE MAGIC'''

Gloria Gaynor - Never can say goodbye
Of course now and then but I would be like one of those pigeons;)



I've got check my geometric proof (my next post). This is just the preface to buy me time;)

P.S. i actually have a deerstalker hmm got to come up with an outfit???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home