Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tennessee Williams "The Glass Menagerie"

I nearly read it straight through, it's only seven short scenes.

It's a somewhat autobiographical story and to see how that can be synthesized into a play - well, I've never really been able to appreciate that sort of thing fully until now.

The brutal honesty struck me. It made me reflect on what i've recently written which is also a sort of autobiography. So that and some other things that I read today but couldn't pin down at first, (I could, I just wanted to write pin) have given me further impetus to post what I had written yesterday.

Not that I wasn't feeling good about posting this "autobiography." It's more akin to a sense of feeling "safe." I don't know if thats the right word, I still need to process it in my mind. But actually, to be honest, safe is the word I'm feeling.

I keep building "these posts" up and that's really not my intention. Back tracking for a second. Driving home my mind made a connection that I hadn't really put together (it seems obvious now) it made me go "wow." When I first saw this earlier today, this vociferation, this statement of honesty; I was totally impressed (not that I need to be) it was just refreshing (that's not the right word either) and not that this sort of thing should surprise me either.

This strength and this willingness to be vulnerable is beautiful. Sorry, I'm sleepy the wrong words seem to keep popping up (sort of a clumsy choice of words) but maybe those are the more honest ones. So perhaps wow isn't the correct word but actually maybe it is.

And it's also the "synthesis" that struck me more then anything and that someone would take something and apply it in their own way; something I suggested or alluded too. At times I wish I could communicate in so few words but I must say I'm enjoying, this sort of, mirrored dichotomy.

Again, I'm sleepy, my powers of concentration are wavering; if I could be "there" in person I would express it in a more simple non verbal way...this, "admiration."

Ha ha I have to laugh, this post I still need to finish copying rambles so long that if anybody happens upon my blog later tomorrow, they would probably click away to something else.


Vaguely related insomuch as you could infer this scene of the harpsichord and the little girl to the character of "Laura." I wouldn't want to spoil the plot for anybody.


Tempo di Gavotta by chistiane lang



Jean-Marie Straub and Daniele Huillet Tempo di Gavotta by chistiane lang from The Chronicle of Anna Magdalena Bach

I'm falling asleep goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home