Tuesday, April 24, 2012

wet gizmo





After this weekend I'm chalking up my tally of dads to two. I'm going to pretend like Chris's dad adopted me. It's about par for the course since I've hardly ever seen my father much. I don't want to be too harsh on my own father, I love him. But sometimes the word father gets thrown around a lot when a lot of times all they did was deliver the yeast - baking is tough (special ovens, odd-hours, bakery, delivery truck etc.).


I'm realizing that just hanging out with Chris's dad somehow made me feel better about everything. His philosophy of life seems to be one that pursues happiness as long as it's not hurting someone else, just the little bit we talked gave me that impression. He also lives somewhat like a gypsy (I was taking notes), and told similar stories, for instance, about a relative sailing off to be a doctor in the Caribbean because she got fed up with something or other. He said something to the effect (he was smiling) that he's caused trouble by inspiring people to take action and pursue their passions; and seen them change their lifestyles in order to do it, especially in ways that they hadn't considered. His advice was to just start doing it because it's not as hard as it seems, to live the life you want.


I'll try and hurry up and finish that roll of film. And thanks Chris (bro!) I kid you about your light beer drinking ways but that black coffee you make is always the best. And we need to find some more of that espresso-ee monk beer for next time.




wet gizmo
thanks SuperDanman1000



AC/DC Whole Lotta Rosie
thanks 40nasher
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home